Paving Control for Mills and Cold Planers
Mill out the waves. Controlling the precise cutting depth of the mill minimizes over-cutting, creates a smoother surface and reduces the need for additional material in the re-paving process.
Pave the Way to Better Profits
Features and Benefits
Milling to a fixed depth often satisfies the specification for a resurfacing project, but it leaves any road smoothness improvements to the paver. With the Trimble Roadworks Paving Control Platform you can mill at variable depth and slope, eliminating undulations and preparing a smoother sub-surface for new asphalt.
Trimble 3D Milling
Mill faster and produce a higher quality surface without stringline. When used in conjunction with a paver equipped with Trimble paving control, the end result is a significantly smoother road surface using less material and finished in less time.
Finish Faster and Use Less Material
- Achieve shorter lane shutdowns because trucks can run more efficiently unhindered by stringline and stakes
- By only milling to the depth required, the machine will burn less fuel and experience less teeth wear
- Mill off the minimum depth and use less asphalt for the final surface
- Mill at variable depth and slope to remove the existing undulations, creating a smoother surface for paving
- Fewer trucks are required to remove waste material lowering cost and improving efficiency
Trimble Hot Swap
Trimble Hot Swap automatically transfers control to ensure a smooth transition between total stations. No need to stop the machine to make adjustments or re-calibrate
3D Paving Control
The Trimble Roadworks 3D Paving Control Platform for Mills and Cold Planers uses a 3D design model, the industry-leading SPS930 Universal Total Station, and on-machine sensors to mill at a fixed or variable depth, depending on job specifications.The 3D design is displayed to the machine operator showing areas that are on, above, or below ideal grade. Comparing the actual drum position and slope with the digital design, Trimble Roadworks for Mills and Cold Planers automatically guides the milling drum to cut the ideal depth and slope without string lines or manual adjustments.
Pave to a Design
- Beat completion deadlines and deliver the highest quality surface at minimal cost
- Create optimized 3D milling plans in Trimble Business Center and load onto the in-cab display
- Mill complex designs such as transitions, superelevations and drainages–right the first time
Software and Hardware Features
- Android-based software with the same familiar user interface as existing Roadworks applications
- Intuitive, easy to learn and configurable for a variety of workflow views: 3D elevation, slope, cut/fill mapping, profile view, plan view, and drum manager
- Powerful and rugged touch-screen displays designed for the field
- Reduce waste and over-cutting with efficient communication and data transfer with Trimble WorksManager Software—mobile-friendly application that easily manages data and technology assets across jobsites
- With the Trimble SNM941 Connected Site Gateway, wirelessly transfer 3D designs from the office to the machine
- Productivity data collected from the machine can automatically sync back to the office with Trimble WorksOS Software
Meet Our Customers
Learn how customers around the globe are using Trimble technology to be more efficient and profitable.